Pasta Salad recipe
1 lb tri colored rotini
1/2 large pepper
1/2 red onion
1 head of broccoli
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 rounded teaspoon oregano
1 rounded teaspoon dried basil
dash ground cayenne pepper
2 16 oz bottle of italian dressing.
1. Cook pasta, do not overcook or it will get mushy in the dressing. Rinse pasta in cold water, let sit to drain for a few minutes.
2. Peel and slice cucumber. Cucumber is quartered long ways and then sliced.
3. Chop pepper and red onion.
4. Peel carrot and grate.
5. Broccoli is cut into small pieces. I did not use any stems.
6. Place drained pasta in a large bowl and add your cut veggies.7. Add the spices to the top of the pasta & veggies.
8. Pour 1 bottle of dressing over the top, stir gently. Refrigerate.
You can also add other ingredients. Sliced black olives. Small chunks of cheese, quartered. Thin sliced pepperoni, quartered.
**It will seem like your pasta salad is very wet. After chilling in the refrigerator for a few hours, the salad will soak up a lot of the dressing. You may have to add more (2nd bottle).